My father’s condition

75th day (5/6/2008)
Finally, my father is discharged from hospital.

70th day (31/5/2008)
The nasogastric tube (feeding tube) is taken away.

68th day( 29/5/2008)
Doctor said that my father no more MRSA again.

66th day (27/5/2008)
Physiotherapist said that, he cannot use the walking frame yet. His hands are not strong enough now.

64th day (25/5/2008)
Can sit more steady than before. The doctors said that, MRSA still there. Need to continue observing.
He cannot swallow the solid food, even the porridge.

61st day (22/5/2008)
His voice is clearer. Then we can communicate with him. And we found that his memory has some problem. He cannot remember anything about the accident, cannot remember that we told him what happened to our mother. There are a lot of things he cannot remember clearly.
Doctors said that there is no MRSA. But he is still in the isolation room.

59th day(20/5/2008)
The trachy tube is removed. He can produce some voice.

57th day (18/5/2008)
A lot of sign language. We cannot guess what he was saying.

56th day (17/5/2008)
Less secretion.

55th day (16/5/2008)
When he was coughing, asked him whether want to sit or not, he could respond. His mind is more conscious.

54th day (15/5/2008)
There is nothing special today. The condition remain.

53rd day (14/5/2008)
Can cough out the secretion to the feet.

52nd day (13/5/2008)
Trach tube haven’t covered. My sister put him on the lazy chair. This is the first time he can sit for so long.

51st day (12/5/2008)
Doctors said that, try to cover the trach tube tomorrow.

50th day (11/5/2008)
Secretion is sticky, and need frequent suction.

49th day (10/5/2008)
The secretion becomes less.

48th day (9/5/2008)
The doctors are trying to let my father breathe without wall-oxygen.

47th day (8/5/2008)
My father was moved to “isolation ward”, because of MRSA. He looks sleepy for the whole day. Just similar to the days before he got pneumonia. Hopefully he will not get pneumonia again.

46th day (7/5/2008)
My auntie and uncle (姨姨和姨丈) come to see my father. He smiled to them. When my brother waved hand to him, he will also waved back. Even the doctor said that he obeyed command this morning. But, today, the doctor also informed that, they found that the secretion several days before contained MRSA. They took the secretion for the examination again. So, we were warned to wash the hand before and after visiting my father, even the visitors are required to do so.

45th day (6/5/2008)
Still not obey the command. But his lung got improvement. Can cough out the secretion further.

44th day (5/5/2008)
Though my father is awaken, he does not obey command. Even the doctor ask him to grab the hand, he does not obey.

43rd day (4/5/2008)
After the accident, my father was sent to ICU. Then, he was sent to male surgical ward. And the condition became better and better. Suddenly, he got pneumonia, unconscious, lung collapsed. And he was sent back to ICU again. After that, discharged from ICU and go to male surgical ward again. And condition became better again. However, suddenly blood sugar drop and got fever and unconscious. Now, the condition is stable. He can open his eyes. But we call him, he does not respond.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s