I am still currently using Xfce4. I tried GNOME3 sometimes after some updates released. However, GNOME3 is still not satisfying. There are a lot problems. The new interface can be learnt, but the problems are not the interface problem.
The following list is the problems I faced:
- ibus can be added to the notification area with ibus-gjs, but after installing ibus-gjs and restart GNOME3, ibus doesn’t start as expected.
- Toolbar problem. In evince (I haven’t tried others), if add a button to the toolbar, I cannot remove that button anymore.
- If the network connection is disabled, eg, Wired network is disabled, I cannot change the options. I can only change the options for those which is connected.
- When changing the options of Wired network for all users, there is no authentication prompt, thus, I cannot change any options.
- Keyboard shortcut problem with Windows key (Mod4). Cannot work properly.
The only feature I like in GNOME3 is the aero snap feature. But there is nothing more.