Since I am working as freelance developer, I spent most of my “otaku” time with Animenfo Radio. Now, when listening with some nice songs you like, and you would like to know what the song is, then you can use Shazam to detect it. But using Shazam requires you to turn on your volume and use your mobile phone to detect it.
What if, you are listening the songs with your ear-phone?
To make it work on your Linux computer,
- Listen to a music or song, make sure it is still playing
- Run pavucontrol (PulseAudio Volume Control), install it if you didn’t
- Open a music searching website such as Midomi (so far I only know this website)
- Click the recording button (make sure it starts recording), allow using microphone as prompted by the web browser
- Then you will see this in pavucontrol
- There are two options, one is “Built-in Audio Analog Stereo”, another is “Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stereo”. Choose the “Monitor” something will redirect your computer audio output to your computer recorder (input).
- Then, the website like Midomi will get what you are listening, and submit for a search!
Yeah! No Shazam, and you can search when you are listening with the ear-phone.