Huawei Mobile Broadband, which I bought about 2 years ago, is failed to run properly on my HP Mini 1000 series with Ubuntu 10.04. It will keep trying to connect to internet, yet failed. And I also found a “MOBILE_CONNECT” icon on the desktop. If I tried to click it, it will immediately missing.
So, to solve this problem,
- I right-click the NetworkManager Applet,
- Edit Connections…
- Goto Mobile Broadband tab
- Click Add button
- Then it will show the Huawei broadband device
- Continue the steps for my service provider, which is Celcom
- Can connect to internet properly.
I do this whenever I cannot connect to internet properly using the Huawei Mobile Broadband.